Sunday, December 17, 2006

Up North the tudung state

We had a roadshow up north in KB last Friday and since Sot has a cousin there so we extended our stay for the whole weekend. We were chauffered around the entire time... hehhee... I can get use to that! We had the most yummy French toast for breakfast on Saturday with half boiled eggs. The half boiled eggs were done in a perfect shape; perhaps with the helped of a mould. After that we were dropped at the famous Khatijah market where we took a stroll and then procedeed to the bazaar just the back of the market. I finally bought a piece of batik kain to make baju kurung. I have always shopped and looked but never buy any. This time it was love at first sight! :) Lunch was fried chicken and fish masak lemak. The specialty of the restaurant is the fried chicken which is very different from the ones that we get in KL. They use kampung chicken and it is not oily; Gan can eat 10 at one go; I had 4 and Sot had 6.

After lunch we drove back home to rest and to have keropok! Gan fried a big tub of keropok especially for us and we finished almost the whole thing. I couldn't stopped myself from eating one piece after another. We drove to PCB before dinner and visited the stalls there where I got myself some batik kaftan which I wish I bought more. We had nasi ulam for dinner; hmmm yum yum!!! We had this assam fish like dish and of course ulam with budu.

All in all it was a very pleasurable trip and on top of that we get to play with baby Tristan! He is such a cutie pie! Spending a few days there already enough for me to know it is not easy to take care of baby. The feeding, the looking after and all.

I would love to go back there again if I have another chance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home