Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Beautiful Women

Rajan as usual opened up a discussion topic during lunch time. He said all beautiful women are misarable and they are never going to be happy. Reason being the beautiful women always get their ways and so they do not feel appreciated; and not knowing whether their success is because of their own effort or just because they were beautiful.

I agree to a certain extent. Like Ling, I won't call her beautiful but she turns head when she enters a room. And she told me once that sometime she feels frustrated because very often when a compliment is given to her, it is given based on her good look and not her effort.

Rajan went on and said it is difficult for a man who married a beautiful woman because the wife will have higher chances of having an affair.

I do not agree.

I think everyone has a chance or can have an affair regardless whether you are beautiful or not. It is about trusting your partner. Yes I agree if a woman is beautiful, she probably get more propositions but it doesn't mean she has to respond. Similarly, an average looking woman can have equal opportunities to commit adultery.

What I am saying is it is all up to that individual and we cannot generalised just like that.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

There is a phenomenon known as positive discrimination. People may judge a person badly basd on the fact they are good looking. The "bimbo" phenomenon. Of course with morons like paris Hilton running around out there making a public ass of herself who can blame us for generalising?

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Saffron said...

Many of the dumb blondes are actually pretty smart.Paris Hilton has absolutely zilch talent, but she's now officially a 'model', an 'actress', and I heard she's also cutting an album. Why? Because she understands the concept of branding, and the fact that there's no such thing as bad publicity. While we're all laughing ather, she's rolling around in cash. Same goes to Jessica Simpson.

Not bad for a 'dumb blonde'. :)

Word on all points, Miss Pebbles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home