AEI
Rud told us that we can watch movies for free at the Asia-Europe Institute in UM every Wednesday and they were playing Hotel Rwanda that night. Even if it wasn't free, the movie itself was enough to lure us over. So we went.
I have driven passed UM many times and I still think it is a nice place. The lake and all. But last Wednesday was the first time I stepped in to one of the building. The main front area of AEI is very well decorated with nice marble tables and chairs. They also have this nice big coffee table that got me drooling all over. The auditorium where the movies are being shown is located in the first floor. A reasonably comfy and spacious auditorium where a large projecter's screen is being placed in the center. It was about 3/4 full that night. The movie started 20 minutes late and Angel said it is normal. Some guy did a brief introduction of the movie before the movie is being played.
Hotel Rwanda is a good movie. It is a story about an ordinary man summons extraordinary courage to save the lives of over a thousand helpless refugees by granting them shelter in the hotel he manages. It all started with the fight between the Hutu and the Tutsi and just in three months, almost 1 million people were brutally murdered. A very moving story and it is a true story. I don't understand how a human being can kill another human being just like that.
They are going to screen Together next week. The synopsis sounds good. We might go again. I have not seen a Chinese movie for a long time anyway. Plus there's coffee and biscuit at the end of the movie!

1 Comments:
Is the coffe any good? ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home