I went to a Malay wedding last Sunday which was held at the Dewan Felda in KL. That was the first time I attended such grand Malay wedding. Those that I have been in the past are mostly held at home. I have never been very fond of attending a Malay wedding because of that reason. Plus it is usually very hot and the food is not that great either; not like the Chinese's 8-course wedding dinner. Not that I like attending Chinese wedding but that is another story all together.
Anyway, this one that I attended was rather impressive. I guess there were about 100 over tables in that hall. The decoration of the whole place was very nicely done up and touched up with lots of fine details like how they spread jasmin flowers on the tables. The scent lingers. The stage was the main focus of course as you can see from the picture.

Raja & Permaisuri Sehari...

We were early and got a table with good view of the stage. So not surprising that the table get filled up pretty quickly. Then there is this woman came sat next to me and introduced herself as Mrs. Koh. Soon enough I learnt that she is such a chatterbox and very nosy too. She started asking me where I'm from, where do I work, do I cook at home, and she even asked me how old I am!?! However I was being very patient and was entertaining her and I am still puzzled at my own behaviour. I can take all those questions until she commented how the Malays would spend thousands or even a million on the wedding and in the end the marriage only lasted a month. I don't think it was a very nice thing for her to say at the wedding. When I discovered that she is an insurance agent that I understood the over enthusiastic on her part! How typical!
The food was still not as grand as the 8-course but it was tasty especially the rendang! And we took only 15 minutes to finish eating then they collected the plates. I have never eaten so fast in a formal wedding before. Mind you we waited like 2 hours to start eating. Sotong was so scandalised.
Nevetheless I had a good time that night! Though I had a terrible headache at the beginning and it went away miraculously after dinner.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home