Monday, May 16, 2005

Drug Abuse

A few students and I represented the college to attend a forum organised by the UN and another college. It was about how the youth can help in preventing the drug abuse and reversing the spread of HIV/AIDS. There were a lot of strong profile speakers from many different areas and very interesting too. I particularly like this speaker from the police force who spoke from real life experience.

Most of all, I was very impressed with our students who were able to articulate their thoughts very well and presented infront of the crowd. I have to say that they have such refreshing point of views. I really didn't think they will do well in such forum. Some of them actually did some home work before attending the forum and they do have some technical knowledge about drugs.

I learn a few things myself too. Now I know there's such thing call designer drugs, and that women are more educated than men in Malaysia but only a very small number of women would be involved in politics. It was an eye opener and I hope we can organise such events at our college too.

Who says computing students are all square? :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home