Proposal
Gee was looking for me the whole morning wanted to tell me the news and I was out having a meeting. Anyway, she got hold of me finally in the afternoon. You see, Gee is seeing a black guy which if her dad finds out, they will be both six feet under ground. Not even in the next life that her dad will ever agree to this man that she's dating. She is quite prepared to elope if she has to. The news that she was so eager to tell me is that her dad has received a marriage proposal for her! And now she can't decides whether she should go ahead with the proposal or to decline it. Obviously she wants to make her parents happy and on the other hand she feels reluctant to end the current relationship.
My advice is since the current relationship is also very new and she still has a lot of doubts with him, no harm meeting this new guy. She agrees with me but yet she feels she's cheating on him.
Actually I am all out for her to meet this new guy because even though I have not met this current boyfriend of hers, my instinct tells me that he is dodgy. No not because he's black and a foreigner, it is just the impression that I get from her description of events. For examples:
- He asked money from her
- She doesn't really know what he does during the day; well he told her he's into second hand car business but she hasn't seen any of his clients
- He gets a lot of phone calls from different women
- He told her that he loves her even before they met face to face
I might be wrong and I hope I am.

5 Comments:
Your instincts aren't half bad, though in this case I hope for your friend's sake that they're way way off base.
On an slightly inappropriate sidenote, heavenly chocolate cake. Where can I get more?
My this friend got bad karma with men! But I hope it is coming to an end now.
Oh! Glad you like the cake! I had to beg and threaten to stop our friendship before she agrees to bake one for me. ;) Still have quater left in the fridge, you come and get it!
hmmmm...said he loved her before he met her....sounds like a giant red flag to me.....
OMG!!!! I never expect people to be reading my blog!!! OMG! I thought I have only one fan -> Saffron. ;)
Thanks for dropping by guys!
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... Since she's had bad experiences with men it can only get better. And if its another bad experience she should be an expert on handling the fallout. Just be there for her whatever the outcome la.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home