Penang
We went to Penang last weekend, konon to escape the haze but turned out the haze followed us all the way to the north! What a bummer! However, it did not dampen our spirits to cari cari makan. We arrived about 2p.m. and right after checking in, we went straight to the coffee shop opposite the shop to have char kuey teow for lunch! We were not expecting much; in fact I was rather "looking down" at the stall but it turned out delicious! We were all so satisfied and the teh ais was good too! The bill only came out to RM14.50 for four of us! Gee was puzzled by the change she got on her hand.
Then we walked over to Kamdar to jalan jalan but ended up with empty ha
nded. I didn't want to buy any because I am saving for Bangkok next month. We decided to proceed to E&O for a typical afternoon tea and since it was Gee's birthday. We just made it on time because the afternoon tea is only served till 4:30p.m. We felt like we were being thrown back to the English colonial days; sipping tea in the finest bone china. I felt like I am a lady. Hehhehe... but I definately have fallen in love with the bone... I mean the bone china. The scones were simply lovely... hmmm... and the cucumber sandwich and the smoked ham sandwich and the pastries... yum! It was definately an experience and the best part was someone took care of the bill!We met up with other friends in Ferringi for dinner. We ordered lots, ikan bakar, sotong, fried
oysters, curry laksa, cheese chapati and others. After dinner, we split into 2 groups, I went with Nol and the others went to Soho. We went to Nol's house and to see his wedding photos. It was good to catch up with him again and I still can't believe he is going to be a father soon.After breakfast the next day, we went over to little India and the main shopping areas to shop. We took a slow walk and it was quite nice just to walk and to enjoy the typical Penang streets and soak in the daily life. We even went to the wet market and watch all the housewives bargaining for their fishes and veg.
And of course we cannot go home without eating the nasi kandar. Bal was nice to find out for us a good place to go and best of all he took us there. We went to this stall call Line Clear at some lorong which you will never be able to find it if not being recommended. It was all worth the efforts! It was yummy! I had curry chicken and sotong! Ohhh the sotong was really goooddddd!!! Just as the name suggested, there was a bee line waiting to be served or to be cleared?
All nice and stuffed, we were on our way home. This was the only time that I didn't enjoy the journey coz I developed a terrible headache while travelling home in the bus. The strange thing was that it went off right away once I stepped down from the bus! But it was a torterous 4 hours bus ride!
It was a good holiday. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home