Monday, July 18, 2005

KLPAC

I finally get to watch a performance at the spanking new KLPAC last Friday. Sim got some free tickets to the Jalan Impian; a children dance. It was a wet Friday, so I didn't get to roam around the compound of the building which I wanted to do so much since I saw some really nice pictures in the newspaper. Well, that place is huge, difinately much bigger that the former Actors Studio. There's a cafe at the ground floor and the office is at the half second floor. The theartre is at the top floor where there's another cafe. The overall decoration of the place is modern; kinda Ikea-ish actually.

The dance is ok. It's said to be a children dance but the lead is definately a full grown adult! I think they should highlight the children instead of him. I heard he's the main person behind the dance but still! There's this little Chinese girl with a pony tail dances so well! She's like this lightweight fairy dancing all around! I can't take my eyes off her the whole time.

I am rather pround that Malaysia now has a proper theatre. I know we always have the Actor Studio but this is another milestone that the local theatre scene has set. We do have a long way to go. I do want to give that place another visit. This time it must be during the day time.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

Yes its a nice place in a very spartan ferro-concrete sort of way. Just wish it wasn't in such a congested location. Anyway it should be fine once the overpass is completed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home