Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Nostalgia

I suddenly had a surge of nostalgia feeling thinking about my good old days back in my study days in Hull, England. I remember how we would walk all the way to town and past the town to the cinema in those freezy cold winter nights. At least walking would keep us warm. Strangely enough, I actually like winter. Maybe we never get it here. In those afternoon, we would go to the nearby park where the lake would have been frozen and if it snows, the whole place is covered in white. It was a very beautiful sight. The trees had its own charm eventhough it only left with branches. If we were not out at the park, then I would curl up in my bed under the duvet reading a book by my bedside lamp accompanied by a big cup of hot tea. The Hull International House on the Westbourne Avenue that I lived in is never cold since it always had enough heating. You see the picture above, I love those windows which I kept open at all times and I witnessed the changes in weather through them. It was pretty amazing; one minute it was snowing and the next minute it could be all sunny again. I spent a long time sitting there sipping a cup of hot tea looking out the window. You see those heater at the side of the windows? It is there where I hung my undies to dry. :P

We used to love Sundays where we would lied in till late and had brunch. Sometimes we will take a ride to go to Tesco and spent a fortune there or we would lazed around the house. Whatever we do, we will never failed to come back by 5p.m. because that was when the afternoon tea would be served at the games room. Most people would turned up at that tea break to have some tea & biscuits and to play a game of pool or ping pong. We will normally skipped dinner and sometimes we will proceed to catch a movie in town in the late evening.

Now, those days seems to me like my past life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home