Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Durian Feast

The King

I finally get to go home and have a feast on durian last weekend. I have been drooling over them for a long time! I grew up in Pahang where we are famous for the king of fruit and therefore I never buy durian outside. To me, durian must be eaten fresh once it is opened. Buying them from the shelf just ain’t the same. I preordered my durian before driving home. Dad got me some D24 but what a disappointment! Well it looked nice and even the taste wasn’t that bad either, but the outer layer of the flesh was slightly harden. Like it wasn’t ripe enough. We can practically peel the flesh off layer by layer. Obviously, I wasn’t amused at all and determined to hunt for some good ones.

Gee & Ram came down the next day to join us for durian. I learn my lesson well and went to another stall early in the morning hoping to get some good ones. A lesson well learnt, I finally got some real king! We bought six fruits and all of them were good. Talking about it now is making me drooling all over again.

Eating durian always remind me of childhood. Dad used to bring back loads of them and we can always finish eating them. Because of his connection, we always get the top grade ones. Sometimes we even get the wild ones from orang asli and those have even stronger taste and aroma.

I finally quech my thirst for durian. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

Quench already meh? I can still have some more. So tasty! But the after-burp ah.... fooiyoh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home