Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Credit Card Saga

I was shopping in the Concept Store this afternoon and I got a phone call from Citibank. The lady asked me "Is it convenient for you to talk now mam?" I was like oh yes perfect timing because I was just about to call your company too! Not knowing what kind of trouble she got herself into, she was all ready to listen to me. I started la. First, I have cancelled the bloody Master card 2 years ago and you guys are billing me again! I am required to pay the RM60 annual fee. You see, in order to make more money, the bank had issue me with 2 credit cards, a visa and a master. Brilliant idea isn't it so they can charge me 2 annual fees. I wasn't as stupid as they think I was so I requested that one of the cards to be cancelled. I have no blinking idea at that time it was so troublesome to cancel the card; I had to officially write them a letter informing them of my intention to cancel. I did that. I painstakingly went through all the procedures that were required. Finally my wish came through, they cancelled it. So I was happy again.

Then earlier this year, I received in my post 2 credit cards, the visa and the master! I was fuming by then. Don't you guys follow instruction? Then I called them up and finally get to speak to a right personnel after going through their so call friendly switchboard system. The personnel that I spoke to confirmed that I have cancelled my card and that I should just ignore the new card that they sent me. I calm down and I thought ok so they made a mistake, it should be fixed now. How wrong I was!

Last month, I discovered the statement in my post box! And bloody hell, I am suppose to be oweing them RM60! Now this is not funny! I didn't want to call them anymore, I just didn't want to go through their phone line and get past from one person to the other.

So when this lady called me this afternoon, I took the opportunity to let it all out on her! I apologised to her after that. But I am just so bloody angry with Citibank!!! After all thses, you think things should get settle, but no I still have to call the customer service department! This lady asked me to ignore the statement as an alternative. Is this what you call service?

Sigh. I gave up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home