Being Alone
I just discovered that I rather enjoy driving alone. Not the driving part, but the stuck in a car for half an hour with myself part. I get that fix everyday driving to and back from work. I usually will put on my choice of CD; currently crazy over Dishwalla's Opaline. Turn up the volume and I will be absorbed into the music while keeping an eye on the road. I always imagine and playing different scenes in my head while listening to music. The content will obviously depend on what I am listening to. Some are purely my imagination and some are connections to certain places or people that was once or still in my life.
For example, listening to Take That, Wet Wet Wet, and the song that has the lyrics that say "take the weather with you..." remind me of my England days. Andrea Brocelli reminds of Sotong; cos I spent a lot of time listening and being moved by his songs in the car with Sot. Leslie, Danny Chan, Anita Mui dated back to my schooling time of course! Maya reminds of one of my ex-affairs. Queens reminds me of my college days.
I guess I consider that as spending some quiet time with myself. :) Good for the soul.

1 Comments:
Duran Duran for you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home