Monday, May 30, 2005

Random Thoughts

The cluster was so noisy earlier on with everyone around and getting ready to class. Now it quiets down with everyone has gone into classes. I being the refugee here parked myself at Ran's machine and since I don't have my needed files to do my serious work, I decided to take this golden opportunity to blog.

We have quite a bit of new staffs lately and I noticed that they are a very active bunch. They are more open and smarter too. Of course it has got nothing to do with the people who interviewed and selected them *ahem*. :) I just hope their enthusiasms stays and not being converted by the existing bunch.

I am also losing some staff in my team and therefore we are hiring. Oh well people come people go. I never believe in nobody is indispensable. I am a firm believer in if the processes are in place, then the system should run regardless who is in the job. Ya I know maybe it ain't that straight forward. There's another saying say you gotta have what it takes to do the job, so there you go. Nothing is definite.

I have known a few people that are very black and white. In their dictionaries, there are only either a no or a yes, never a maybe. They see things in that manner too, no grey shade in between. You never want to step on their toes because when they hate you, they hate you.

June is almost here, at least my salary has arrived. :) Su's and my bro's birthdays fall on this month. Uncle Swee passed away on the same month. It means Jen might be cracking up more than usual on this month. It has been 3 years but I will never forget how I witnessed his death. Along with sadness, there was relief too. He has suffered enough; that one whole horrible year. It was sickening to see him losing all the weights and not only his, people around him too. Jen was basically down to a walking sketon. I'm glad we had that talk, where he told us he was not afraid to die that he was ready. I hope the 2 boys will came to learn about how great their father was.

However, there are 2 things that I can look forward to in the month of June. I'm going away for a dirty weekend (okla, not dirty because there will be 3 of us, no not threesome either) in Melaka next weekend. That's not it. I'm also going to KK on the following week. My first at the other side of Malaysia.

I shall stop here since I have wasted enough of the company's money by writing blog instead of doing some real work that can bring in millions to the company. Not! :P

3 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

I just killed a blowfly.
I dunno why,
It had to die,
The fly.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Pebbles said...

Foot: The fly, I pity. :P

rls: Wow! I'm flattered! I'm glad you enjoy reading my entries, you are the first. :) 5 wives???? How did you manage????

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Saffron said...

Since when did you care about company resources? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home