Jac
I had an interesting experience last night. For the very first time in my life, I went to Angkasapuri! I don't even watch RTM too much and there I was drove all the way there! We were there to watch Jac & Misha Omar to do live recording. Actually before this, I don't even know who this Misha is, I mainly wanted to see Jac sing. Su went to collect the free tickets last Saturday and she suggested we go earlier since it is free seating. I'm so glad we listened to her cos the whole auditorium was packed! People had to sit at the stairs and some had to stand at the back throughout! 99% of the audience were Malays.
Before the show starts, Su was commenting how buruk the stage is (not that buruk la, just not as grand as some) and how inappropriate the raya cards tied to some branches. Then we jokingly said maybe the recording was for Raya. And guess what, the recording WAS for Raya!!! Hari Raya pertama somemore you know! You should look at our stunned faces when we were told of that news. If only we knew, we would have wore our baju kurung. :P
The recording started on time. The whole process was done rather smoothly except both of the artists made a mistake each and had to repeat whatever song they were performing. We took that as an encore. It was very interesting to see how the whole recording process is done. We were being distributed some light sticks and were given instructions to wave it when Misha performed the potianak song. They also distributed Jac's posters and banner that say "I love Jac" to some people and they were asked to wave it when she sang "When I fall in Love". Scripted so to say. There were at least 4 cameramen did the recording at the same time. The video was being edited there and then and we could see the footage right away. We also got a chance to see how the props are done and the lighting as well.
During one of the intervals while waiting for them to get change, somewhere in the middle of the auditorium, 2 men started fighting with each other. I dunno why they fought but they were asked to leave by the police officers. Yes there were many police officers around. Could be Jac's fan fighting with Misha's fan. :P
The highlight of the night was when I approached Jac at the end of the show to shake her hand and told her what a great singer she is. Yes I did that. :) She is a great singer with such powerful voice. Misha is not bad too. The duet that they did was really good, they compliment each other. Both with powerful voice. All songs were sang live with the band playing at the back of the stage. The band was pretty good at amusing themself because they would play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and others while waiting for the artists. And Jac would hum along.
I had a great time. Hey don't forget to tune in to TV2 on Hari Raya pertama to watch me live... I mean to watch Jac & Misha... :P



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home