Thursday, July 14, 2005

Reality Bites!

After work, we went over to V's house in SS12. We were fufilling our promise made on his last day here that we would pay him a visit. We were greeted warmly and he gave me a hug. I like how they renovated the backyard of the house into a garden with 2 fountains. I like the veradah where there are chairs that you can sit down in the evening and enjoy the breeze and the sound of water flowing from the fountain. It has the calming effect. I felt like I was in a defferent world which is shut from all the evils out there. No wonder he didn't want to come out for dinner but instead invited us to go to his house.

It was not in the plan that we would stayed for dinner, but turn out his wife made us some rawa thosai and better still sambar was served with the thosai. The sambal was definately out of this world! Absolutely fingers licking good. Well I didn't need to wash my hand if I choose not to. But I did la. Being greedy and couldn't resist the sambar, I had some rice to go with it too.

After all the makaning, we chatted and obviously we cannot escaped from talking about office affairs. As a matter of fact I was shock to come to know about a few things that were not made known when V was still here. For one, I would never have guessed that P & L were never approved of our promotions. I was shock simply because they have shown so much of supports all these while. Yet I am not questioning the "genuineness" of the news that I have just been updated with. I guess what gave it away is that I know for a fact that they will not back us up if we ever screwed up!

Being thrown into reality notwithstanding, I did had a good time catching up with V and others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home