Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mandarin Oriental

I am impressed with Mandarin Oriental not just for the Bone China but also for its toilet. And the dessert that I had today. Let's begin with the toilets. Well it is super clean but no big deal that is a given of course. What I like about it is the thoughts that went in when the toilet was being designed. You know how leceh it is sometimes when you go in to the toilet and there's no place to hang your handbag and all women do carry handbags ok. Coming back to MO's toilet, it has a special shelf for you to put your bag as you can see from the picture below. Yes that's my datin-ish bag.



The pic of that toilet bowl is not there for nothing. See the buttons at the side? Those are for washing your yourknowwhere; the front and the back. Well many other places would have these too but this actually worked! The aiming of the water was pretty good too. ;)

Now the dessert part. It was one of the best desserts that I have tasted! Well at least for this year! It has a canggih name but I can't remember wha it is. Layman term would be banana mousse with teh tarik ice-cream. This is the first time I heard and tasted a teh tarik ice-cream and it tasted awesome! If you have tasted green tea ice cream then you can imagine teh tarik; similar concept. I am a big fan of green tea ice cream so no surprise that I adore this as well. Not just the ice cream, but the bottom banana mousse was heavenly too. Yum! The whole thing came in a tall glass like those they served parfeit in. I wanted to take a picture but I was a bit shy; didn't want my colleagues to think that I am weird. It looks rather similar to this image that I got from goggle image search.

No I didn't just go there for the toilet and the dessert, I did attend the conference. Some of the speakers were boring and some were rather interesting. Particularly this guy talking about how he "broadbanded" 14 rural areas and this another woman trying to do the same in Cambodia. One big player in the market try to do a sales speech since they were the main sponsor. I had to roll my eyes so many times listening to it. I took a toilet break when I couldn't take it any longer.

These pictures that I took today and yesterday proved my attendance. Those photographers were there because of Dr. Lim Keik Yik.



Not forgetting the dim sum they served during morning break was pretty good too! Oh well they are afterall famous for their Chinese Restaurant. This is the first time I have been to a conference where they table served you and dim sum being served for refreshment! Piping hot dim sum! Not bad eh!

Oh ya and the LRT ride was pretty fun!

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Tan Yee Wei said...

Hmm..interesting. Straight from the toilet to the dessert ;)

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Pebbles said...

Hhehehehe... exactly what I thought after posting it. The toilet is so clean that I'm sure one can eat dessert in there! :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home