Wednesday, September 14, 2005

GPPC

I am attending the Global Public Policy Conference today and tomorrow at Mandarin Oriental. It is a very huge conference with many renowed speakers from all over the world. The schedule is really packed for these 2 days and it involves more than 50 speakers. Here we are the policy making conference and Microsoft is the main sponsor. Isn't that ironic? Many speakers had mentioned China not being part of the game and rather go solo.

For today, the morning session mainly talked about the importance of setting policy and what are the general views on this. The afternoon session was rather interesting because the speakers are the telecommunications ministers from Thailand, Indonesia and of course us. Dr. Lim Keng Yeik represented us and he was the best speaker of all. That man is really funny and he made the conference so much livelier! I was presently surprised.

The opening ceremony was officialiated by our deputy PM. I didn't stay for that session though which was helded at 5p.m. at the KL Convention Center. There's a gala dinner tonight as a matter of fact and it is going to be hosted by PIKOM and our URL checker is one of the nominees. I decided not to go because free dinner doesn't excite me anymore. :)

Oh oh oh how can I forget to mention that Mandarin Oriental actually uses bone china!!! Yes you read that right they use bone china! I also discovered why it is called bone from Les. Well it is because it is made of bones! Animal bones really. A bit creepy rite?!

I took a LRT there to avoid getting stuck in the jam in the morning. A good decision as I quite enjoyed the ride. A bit jakun la me haven't been riding the train for a while now.

I hope tomorrow session will be more interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home