Freedom of Speech
I begin to wonder how freely can you speak in your own blog? And how freely can one comment on somebody else's blogs? I have read in other blogs about how one person is being sued for what he/she said in the blog. And how a "war" between 2 bloggers going on and on just because there were different opinions.
Pardon my ignorance, to me blogging is a hobby. It is a very private affair between you and yourself. It is like a diary that you keep it locked in the drawer and you choose whom you want to show it to. I know, there's a difference between a diary and a blog. Blog is online. Online means free for all. There will be people stumble upon your blog every once in a while. Well no big deal. They read, they like it, they might leave you a message. If they don't like it, then they should leave the blog alone and go find their own happiness somewhere else. As simple as that. I believe in the statement that goes "This is my blog, therefore my rule you should follow.". Basic courtesy don't you think?
One cannot expect everyone to have the same idea as you, but if you are stepping on someone's soil, then the least you can do is to respect that person. We just have to agree to be disagreed.
That's the reason why I never "advertise" my blog. It contains too much of my ranting, my craziness (hardly!), and my 2 cents. I don't intend to invite opinions since these are not for debating anyway. This is private though not totally confidential. :P

1 Comments:
You dont rant at all :) I swear la some of these bloggers have way too much time on their hands until they have to write panjang lebar about every minute thing in their lives. And people who read have even more time on their hands.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home