Monday, January 09, 2006

Siesta

I wonder Malaysia has the most holidays in the world. My company has declared today as scheduled leave as well sempena the public holiday tomorrow. Some of my colleagues are complaining because some of them would want to come back to work. Haih you can never please everyone; if it has not been declared as holiday, you will hear people complaining about it too.

I was on duty yesterday at the education fair first being held at KLCC. As expected, it attracted huge crowd and there were lots of serious shoppers. I was on the afternoon shift and I was counseling non stop from the time I stepped in till I leave the hall. Well maybe several 5 minutes breaks in between. I took the LRT down and that was a good move with so many people around. After that, met up with Sotong and had a cigar at the Cuban bar in Mandarin Oriental. Pretty nice place except it's a bit small but cosy though. I went to shop in KLCC for a while; hoping to find something nice in M&S sales but came out empty handed. I also went in to the hair accessories shop Evita Peron (I hope I get the spelling right!) to look see look see. I always like their stuff but just too way expensive. A simple clip can cost up to 200+! I have heard that their things are very long lasting.

Then we went for dinner at Shroom. We have not been there for a while. Heck I think I have only been there twice the most. I guess it's also been a while that we dine "properly". I ordered this roasted chicken served with some gravy and pine nuts. Pretty tasty! We also had their lemon cheese cake which was good as well. At dinner, we talked at length. I spoke about my Europe trip (again!) and England. I really want to go back there once more before this life time.

Today is a little uneventful as I need to go back to the office to prepare an exam paper. I found out that I need not prepare this paper as it wasn't my class! Anyway, I have done it now.

Maybe it is too early to say today is uneventful because I'm about to go out to shop and to watch movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home