Monday, July 10, 2006

Home-cooked meal

Last Friday, since we were in town area, we decided to go to this Jap restaurant that I read from a blogger's site. Just like it was described, the restaurant is run by Japs and they spoke to us in Japanese in the beginning. We sat down and were given menu in pictures form after knowing that we are not Japanese. Sot doesn't count since only half. Well we ordered the usual plus some salmon sashimi to share. The sashimi was heavenly and it melts in your mouth! Hmmm... I had the chicken teriyaki-liked (not teriyaki though) and it was good. But I particularly like the side dish! It was seaweed + carrot + reddish and I even asked for a second helping. It's a very simple dish but so tasty, very home-made taste.

I was the only pure Chinese customer there; the others are all Japs where they got shown a different menu written on a plastic board. We reckoned the special menu has got extras that we cannot get from the pictures. Oh ya and they serve different kind of green tea, with barley in it I think. Even the tea is different from the one that you get from other restaurants.

It was a very good experience and I can predict that we will be visiting there whenever we are down town. As I told Sot, after eating there, Kampachi seems pretendious now. Heheheheeee... though they serve my favourite red bean ice cream and not the yam ice cream that we got from Toku2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home