Thursday, July 20, 2006

A trip down south

Ah so we made a trip down south across the causeway last weekend. I have not been there for a couple of year long and decided to pay it a visit. We checked in to the usual hotel and I think they face-lifted the place a little.

First stop was Bugis Street which I have never set foot on. It is a huge market place with hUge crowd and it has three floors. Things there are not exactly cheap; not cheap by my standard of after converting it back to RM la. But ya you can get clothes, shoes (funky ones), bags and assessories there. I was given 2 hours to ronda on my own. Such happiness!

However 2 hours were only enough for me to browse through the stalls and to walk from one floor to the others. Anyway, I bought a silver bag that I wanted for a while now. Not too expensive but not the top quality obviously. Somemore the aunty told me it is made from cow skin! Cheh, she thinks I ah lian is it, cannot tell the quality is it! Anyway, I just gave her one smile and paid.

Crossing from Bugis Junction over to the market was no easy task even with the traffic lights. At each end, sea of people were waiting to cross to whatever side that they wished. You have to queue to take your turn.

We went to the shopping area the next day and we never missed Taka especially the foods! We took quite a leisure pace, walk a bit, see a bit, sit a bit and eat & drink a bit. We had some really good Shanghai dumplings though. Not as authentic as the ones here but somehow I like it better. We also went to Harrem which we never used to visit and found some really unique shops there. Like this shop that sells all kinds of toys which we particularly like. Oh ya and I found the biggest jewelries shop that has a very good collection of tools as well. I got too confused and ended up nothing! Anyway, it is so cheap to buy those earrings outside, 10 for 3 pairs! Bloody robbery!

We went to Little Indian for dinner that night and oh boy was that place packed or what! I think the entire Indian clan was out there that night! I must say the chicken biryani was really good. At least they cooked it the proper way in the claypot thingy. After that we went to Mustapha; my first time there. That place is huge and has pratically everyhing under the sun and in very vast varieties. They have like million different types of soaps there. And million types of spices. Everything in million different types la! Hehheeee...

The most interesting thing that I encoutered while I was at M was the Aqua Massager! You just have to lie down underneath the black waterproof plastic thing and they will then shut you in with your head out and 2 arms are also out. Then water will be sprayed through hose on the back of your body and the spraying will move from different point of your body to other points. So cool!

The machine is like one of those tanning machine. S10 per session. Attracted a small crowd there.

Then it was time to come home. And we didn't even go Boarders, Paragon, Esprit and many more. But we went to Plaza Singapura though which we had this really nice hotdog from Melbourne. Rud's recommendation and he is right about the coffee too. I like. :)

Till the next trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home