Thursday, November 11, 2004

Memory Lane

I was reading Saffron's trip to Sydney and that reminded me of my times in UK and trips to Europe. She was describing how beautiful the trees are, how she observed certain eyebrow raising incidents which are forbidden here in our tanah air... it all brings back memories.

Good memories.

My favourite is Venice. The gondola ride, watching the string quartet play with champagne in hand, the masks, the smell in the air, the small sempit back lanes with loads of ultra interesting shops at the side, the cathedral with absolutely beautiful stained glasses, the squares, the cafes... those were the good times.

Oh of course I have many other favourites. I remember how we were walking up the hill in Aberdeen, we couldn't see what is at the other side of the hill, and we were climbing slowly, then we heard the sea... we looked at each other and broke into a big smile, and we ran all the way up the slope, and there the sea! The scenery was breathtaking.

I also remember I almost get a heart attack when I stepped in to Borders in London. That was the first time I ever stepped into such a huge book store! I was lost because there are just too many books to be browsed! Then there's Skoob and there's Foyle's... I can hang around there just browsing forever. And I probably need 3 life times to finish browsing all books. We went in to this non-mainstream bookstore call Blue Moon and of course we were in for a culture shock. The store specilised in gay/lesbian literatures. I bought some books from there. :)

I absolutely love London.

And how can I forget my ever first play! We even got upgraded to better seats. We were stunned when the guy who took our tickets and ask "Mam, would you like to be upgraded to front seats?". We looked at each other and confused for a second, and immediately said yes! I didn't dare breath because I was afraid that I was gonna miss something if I did and that was how I sat through Phantom of the Opera! The play was absolutely spectacular! Since then, I am a theater goer.

Gee... I won't be able to finish writing all these memories.

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home