Banana Leaf!
As usual, on a Friday we will have banana leaf rice for lunch at Steven's Corner and no exception today. We were making so much of noise in the car on the way there. Basically there were lots of "arguments" and everyone trying to talk at the same time! We were all very snappy cause we were all hungry. The traffic was pretty jammed too.I decided not to order any extra dish seeing that we always not able to finish the food on the previous visits. I was planning to pick from others since four of them were ordering something. Roger had sambal prawns, Seet had mutton as usual, Raj had the same and Gee had chicken 69. Don't ask me, I don't know how they decided on that name for some reddish looking chicken! Tasty though. So I took a little bit of everything from everyone! The standard dishes were deep fried cauliflower (yummy!!!), vegetarian cutlet, some cucumber in yogurt and some vegetables that I cannot recall the name now. I love eating the cutlet with the pickles. I have always love Indian foods and I have just started eating their pickles and hmmm there are good! I also especially love the vegetarian curry Steven's serves. I can't get it in any other shops because I don't know what it is called. Only my Indian colleagues know how to order. I always mix my rice with the curry (banjir!) and thairu.
It was such a satisfying lunch! Of course we had to suffer the consequences of being too full! I had 2 big cups of green tea after that to wash down all the foods. It helped a little.
Friday lunch is always something that we look forward to. Mon to Thurs we hardly have time to eat together so we always make it a point to do so on Fridays.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home