Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hari Raya!

We had a really busy day today! We went out at 12 noon and didn't come home till 11p.m. ! It has been a long time since I lepak outside for such long hours. When I was just renting a room I used to go out all the time and only go home to sleep. Now that I have the whole apartment I spend most of the time at home.

Let's see what we did the whole day. It's Mark's birthday today so we met up for lunch at La Bodega in BSC. I tell you the service at that place sucks big time, maybe because we are not ang moh. Sam asked for warm water and it only arrived like half an hour later and that was also due to several reminders. That place gives me the feeling that they do not like people to hang around talking and not ordering more foods. They just want people to eat and go so more places can be freed up for new customers to come in. We had a few tapas and I ordered a Waldolf sandwich which had too much mayo in it, then we shared a piece of tiramisu and the bill came up to more than a hundred. I have always known that place to be expensive and tapas don't feel you up. I ordered the Waldolf sandwich because I tasted the best Waldolf once at Chino (they closed down) and I am constantly on a hunt for a place that can offer if not better but at least as good as the one that I tasted before. Anyway, good thing that the company was good. As always.

After that, we went to Su's place. She prepared some rendang, ketupat, lemang, and veg masak lemak for us and it was so delicioius! I had the ketupat with peanut sauce and top with the lemak, boy the sauces that mixed up in the end was so tasty! Then she made us some teh tarik, home made style. The tea was really good too but she used the HL milk which gave it a weird taste. HL is not suited for coffee or tea but if you drink it on its own, it tastes ok and it has a certain vanila taste to it. That woman can cook man! After a satisfying meal, we just sat around and lepak till it was time to go for our movie at 9p.m.

We watched Chicken Little. Well it's ok. I said I could have waited for Astro to air it half a year later. It's a really short movie, about an hour show. I was waiting the whole time for him to do the Chicken dance that I see on tele but he never did! What a dissapointment! I think they have done a good job in publicity though.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

Haaaaaaa rendang and lemang. Must wait one more year to taste it again :'( Ya the waiters at La Bodek-a are LOUSY! So incompetent.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home