Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bravery

Today I read an article in The Star featuring a single mum with her baby. Not that she is divorce or her husband has left her but she has gone to the sperm bank so she can have her own child. I think she is really brave in doing so. Afterall, it is not easy to raise a child fatherless and moreover she didn't have a husband to begin with! She doesn't have a partner either but I guess she has a supportive family and that's all the matter.

Last Monday we went to Help to watch 3 documentaries by local directors Yasmin being one of them. Yasmin's is about how the Indian women earn their tiny wages. Very powerful message being sent out. The other one is about Brogar and this one is really moving. The documentary shows how a resident Alice fighting all the way to go against the setting up of the incinerator at their area. After watching these, I felt I am more in touch with human again; and not just concern about work, work and work only. My so called problems are nothing compare to what these people are going through. The audiences were very engaging as well and there were a few heated up discussion or rather different point of views. They are very "activist" type of people and a very different crowd that I am used to. I am so glad that I went which I almost didn't. Somehow watching these balanced me up a little and made me more in tune with the environment and realised that living is not just about yourself as there's still the universal out there.

Sometimes surprises just catch you at the strangest moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home