Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Losing Voice

Have not been able to update lately as I have been busy and was away for almost the whole of working week last week. I was in Ipoh and Penang for roadshows. While I enjoyed the good food and both locations, I suffered the heat! Driving back from Penang to KL under that hot hot sun was no joke! In fact I think I kena heat stroke the second day of the trip in Penang. We went dinner at this typical coffee shop near the hospital after visiting AJ. I had chow kuey teow and it was yummy. Before that, I already developed a slight headache and it got worse when I stepped in to the car on the way home. By the time I arrived at the hotel, my heardache was unbearable and it was especially bad when I look down. I took 2 panadols and went to bed. Hardly 5 minutes retired in the bed, I felt nauseated and then I vomitted. All my "fresh" chow kuey teow accompanied by the panadols. It was not an easy vomit, the food was churning in my stomach before making their way out. Yucks! Usually I feel better after vomitting, but this time my stomach was still uneasy despite throwing up. I lied down a bit and then had to go to the toilet trying to poo and to vomit all at the same time. Imagine alternating between sitting down on the toilet bowl and squating near the bowl trying to throw up. Sorry, too much details I know.

Nothing happened so I forced myself to sleep and I slept like a baby and only woke up at 8 the next morning. The rest of the trip was fine and we had nasi kandar, curry mee, pesambur, ice kacang, fried rice that gee claimed to be the best that she has ever tasted!

A fruitful trip but tiring. I was asked to go Pekan Baru and I am not keen. Now I have dry cough and I'm losing my voice. It is painful to speak. So much work to do at work! I need another holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home