Luxurious Weekend
I had a really amazing weekend last week and the best part is we didn't even had to travel far. We decided to check in to KL Hilton just to relax and to celebrate the belated V's day. We checked in at 2p.m. on the dot after a banana leaf brunch. We were at 13th floor and you had to use the room card in order to gain access into your floor. Cool eh! Even when we drove in to the carpark, we had to stop for the police to check under the car and also the boot. What tight security.
When we stepped in to the room, we were very satisfied with what we
saw. The room isn't too big but very well designed. I like particularly the bath tub of course. It uses a lots of mirrors, so nobody gets any privacy in there. The bathroom has rain bath with drizzle, rain and storm. Isn't it so cool?! Now I want to talk about the assessories, say the toilet box, the remote control holder, the paper holder, and the tea box etc. There are all in black leather. I have always seen these leather boxes and never like it but it seems to suit the whole room very well! Next to drool all over again is the Narumi fine bone China! I was absolutely thrilled and later rinse my mouth
while brushing my teeth with the mug. Hheheeee... I certainly know how to live like the rich if given a chance. Then there's this big plasma TV hang on the wall in the middle of the room where you can lie in bed to watch. There's this huge window and there's a really comfortable chair beside it, perfect for a lazy afternoon to curl up in it to read. Certainly one of my favourite items in the room. For once the spray to wash your bottom that is fixed next to the toilet bowl works.
That night we went to Cynna, the Chinese restaurant for dinner. We didn't realise how posh it is till we got seated. We got this welcome drink (tea) being poured from a really long nose tea pot. I have heard of this but first time tasting it. Well it tasted ok but I think the form is more impressive. We didn't book a table and we had to sit near the staircase so it was a bit busy and noisy. We ordered soup for each of us; Sze Chuan soup and pumpkin soup. The soup tasted really really delicious! We had pai tee for appetizer; tasted just like any other pai tee except it has sotong in it which is a little unusual. We ordered honey chicken and claypot brinjal as main dish. Well the dishes might sound common but the taste sure ain't common! The chicken was very tender and succulent! The most unique thing about the chicken was the crispy ginger being sprinkled on top of it. Yes you heard right, crispy ginger! The ginger being sliced really thin and then deep fried. Hmmmm yummy! The claypot brinjal was just so tasty, and the minced chicken tasted just not like the usual minced chicken. Pardon my limited vocabruary that I have no works to describe it. The servings were quite big and we were absolutely full.
After dinner, we went to Zeta bar since we get 50% discount on the drinks. There's some band from South African performing that night. They are ok well the lead vocal is very good looking! We didn't stay too late and then we went back to the room. We were watching "An American in Paris" on tele and I felt asleep halfway watching it. Can't blame me since the sheet and the blanket were so heavenly. :)
We got up quite early the next day and we ordered a room service for breakf
ast. The American breakfast arrived in style on a proper "table". Good thing that we only ordered one set knowing it would be large enough to serve 2. True enough we had enough even the coffee. Oh the muesli was so heavenly. I have never tasted muesli that good. So sangat the satisfying!After breakfast, we just lazed around and relax. I was reading Kazuo's Never Let Me Go and couldn't put the book down. Of course before checking out, we make sure we had another go at having a proper bath at the bath tub. We didn't want to leave the room. :(
It was a truely relaxing "holiday" and the main reason was because we didn't need to drive a long journey. Plus being stay put here in KL, we don't feel a need to go around to visit places. I don't remember taking such a relaxing holiday ever. This is good and we think we should do this more often.
This is really something, a true experience. A luxurious one. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home