Typical Women?
Roger and I had an interesting chat during our tea time. He was telling how his newly married wife behaved in a certain way that irritated him and how he had "retaliated" by being point blank with her. His wife commented that at times he gave it right into her face which caused her to tears of course. I can so relate to those instances. I explained to him that these are all typical women behaviours. I am not being sexes here but this is the truth! We have to admit that different genders do display different traits.
I am no different. I remember I used to be so worked up when my partner walked away from an argument half way. I always insisted that I must fight till the end until there was a solution. I remember how miserable I felt then. Now, I have learnt. Now, I choose not to dwell into petty things and work towards having an enjoyable evening instead. Fights need a lot of energy; crying needs energy; shouting needs energy... I figured it's better to be lovey duvey and have a smiley face going to bed instead of sulking into bed.
I also told him that in order to do that, both parties need time; time to get to know each other better and trust each other better. Relationship is hardwork. Chasing game is fun, but we are talking about maintaining here. Oh of course we still do fight once in a while; the making up part is fun! ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home