The third day...
We decided not to return to visit the temples anymore instead we went to Tonle Sap, the floating village. It is the dry season now and the road that lead into the river is very bumpy. The river looks like teh tarik, seriously! On the way there, there are lots of very humble and basic looking houses along the road. I am not even sure whether we should call it a
house. We took a boat and went out into the lake. There are many boat houses; some are restaurant and some are kedai runcit. When we were "cruising" around, as usual, many children came by begging for money. Kids were sitting in this little bowl and paddling away in a very fast speed! They look so cute. It was hard not to take pity of them and to give them some money.After that, we went to the Old Market to do some last minute shopping. I bought some chunky silver rings. Yes again. Prices were really good comparing wiht the one here. Then we decided to do what tourists do which was to watch the cultural show; the infamous Apsara dance. It was buffet dinner plus the show.

I enjoyed the dance, the dancers were so gracious in their moves. Sot said in the olden days they danced with nothing underneath the chunky necklace they were wearing. The show finished at about half eight and everyone started leaving so we did too.
Well this trip made me realised a few things. Firstly, we are so lucky here as compare to people in Cambodia. They are so poor and some of them only earn about USD25 per month. Secondly, it is heartbreaking to see all these children begging off the street when they should be in school. They are really cute! I saw this really small girl at this temple and I so want to bring her home with me. I took a picture with her and then gave her some money. Some of them are very tactful, they will put on a really pitiful face and even cried when you refuse to buy from them. They will ask you where you are from and then they will negotiate that if they can tell you the capital you have to buy from them. Trust me they know all the capitals in the world! Well almost. I confused them with Singapore and they were stucked.
We mainly ate at nice cafes the whole trip and we also hired a van to take us around. So it was a relaxing holiday since we always have the driver waiting for us. Though we only ate at cafes, but our tummies have been acting funny. I have been going to the toilet like three four times per day. Perhaps the food wasn't clean enough. All the restaurants and cafes served the same food. We quite like this dish call Amok fish. We did have a chance to sit in a tuk tuk though and it was so fun. It was a totally different experience altogether. I can smelled the city and I felt more connected with the city. It was fun.
Yes I would go back there again and this time I want to spend more time in the temples.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home