Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Matters of the heart

I meant to write about this for a while now but have been so tied up with work and didn't feel like letting my brain working overtime during the nights. I started writing though and stupid Firefox had an error and I had to exit without saving the other day.

After going through a few relationships; or maybe I should add a few experiences filled relationships so I think, I thought I have learnt whatever I needed to learn. Often I think I am a little expert in this department. Something happened lately changed that perception. It also raised a question that I have been thinking about. I have been in the past couple of month particularly demanding for more attention and claiming that things are different from when it first started. Well there's some truths in that and of course things will be different. It's only natural. The thing is I have been saying things like I don't feel the same anymore. In the heat of all these, a question was directed to me. I was asked whether I have fallen in love with that person or I only love the feeling that the person gave me. That was a bloody good question and got me started on the thinking process. I guess I have been too caught up with feel the feeling and searching for what I think that have gone missing. I think I was selfish too to want to only focus on what I need and failed to look at the bigger picture. I was busy counting on what I do not have and neglected on what I gained instead. Once I realigned and refocused and get my bearing right, all my "complaints" dissappeared just like that in a snapped of a finger!

Isn't it amazing how by refocusing and see things in a different perspective can change one's perceptions and expectations so much?! Lesson learnt: always take a step back and see the big picture instead of just looking at that one brick. Lesson #2: you can never always rely on past experiences to judge. Lesson #3: You can never stop learning about yourself and people around you.

What an enlightenment!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home