Sunday, March 20, 2005

Green Lotus

Five of us met up on Saturday and we went to Green Lotus for dinner. Good thing that Mark booked a table cause it was kinda busy that night. We went to town earlier since I have to get a haircut. Gary did a fringe for me this time. I think I looked 2 years younger as a result of that. He too agreed that I should go for darker tone the next time I do colour.

Anyway, back to dinner. I was hoping to take some pictures but the place is too dark for my PDA or rather my PDA couldn't perform under such condition. All of us went for the set dinner. I ordered Ala-ala Siamese set which has squid, sweet and sour chicken and mango salad.It was pretty good as usual. I wanted to check out their ice honey green tea but in the end didn't since the set comes with ice lemon tea. Mark's set came with lotus leaf rice which looked pretty yummy. We also ordered some pai tee and 2 bowls of seafood tom yam to share. I love tom yam and they serve decent ones. I am not a big fan of pai tee cause it always leaves your mouth stings of garlic after that. We were all very satisfied with the food except it was very hot that night so it was getting very uncomfortable sitting there. I think it was because we were sitting right underneath the air-con therefore couldn't get the air from it plus the weather was unusually hot that nite.

Then we walked over to Starhill to have some Lecka-Lecka. I didn't want anything too creamy so I settled for Kiwi and it was surprisingly good. I like the counter, it has low red light, funky. Can't say the same outside where we sat and eat though, it was just too dusty because of the renovation going on in StarHill. Sam let us in with some information; it seems with the Pavillion which is gonna be ready in year 2007, there will be a walk-way all the way from BB to KLCC! How cool is that! Also LV will be occupying the front part of StarHill with their signature big case being showcased. I remembered the LV store that I saw in Shanghai, it was huge and I wondered how many local customers they have?!

Just a side note, I will recommend GL. It serves local/thai-ish kind of food with reasonable prices. It has a nice ambience and a romantic setting. Service is so-so, it is better if you can speak cantonese. However, I was rather taken a back when I found out that they converted one of the toilet into kitchen!!! Anyway, the restaurant is situated at the back of Lot 10 converted from one of those old 3 floors terrace houses. I think it is 3 floors, not sure. They occupied 2 lots of the ground floor and people are still staying upstairs. Trust me, those houses are old, probably being built during pre-war. I always say I don't think I would like to see that place in the day light.

I took some pictures when we were outside but I have been trying the whole night to upload them and Hello is giving me problems. Oh well, it has to be tomorrow then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home