Spiritual
Out of nowhere, Roger blurted out that he is a very spiritual guy. And I looked at him in disbelief with my mouth slightly open. Well you see, I have known him for 7 years now and I never knew the spiritual side of him. Then I told him I don't think I am a spiritual person because I am very practical and I just want to solve problems at hand.
His justification was that he believes there's God and ... oh I can't even remember what his reasons were. I was agreeing with everything that he said. That got me thinking and wonder whether I should be classified as spiritual as him?
All I know is that I believe in God but I can't remember the last time I went to the temple. I only pray during the state of desparation but during those times that I did, I believe my prayers were being answered. When I was young, mum used to send me to church every Sunday and I liked it too. I guess I liked the singing and doing things in a big group, it was more like something to do on a Sunday.
No I am still not a Christian. When I have to fill up form that ask for my religion, I usually put it down as Buddhist. But really I don't think I practise what other Buddhist would practise. All I know is that it is important to be kind and considerate to people that are close to you like your family and friends. I am not ambitious like how some people would go to 3rd world countries to help the poor and things like that. I believe in karma and fate. I believe that everything happen for a reason. I believe in the bond that I have with my family, it is not by chance that I was born as their child and be the sister of my brother.
This is getting a bit too heavy, I better go watch 3rd Watch III which is on right now.

4 Comments:
Spirituality is subjective la. Thinking about God and the spirit whatnot is a form of spirituality but I think that's just scratching the surface. I take the more Buddhist approach. Its how you live your life. A person who embodies goodness in their life is a spiritual person. Sometimes being hard working and giving your best in what you do is also a form of being spiritual. Orare est laborare, laborare est orare.
I don't believe in religion, but I believe in god. At least, I believe in my version of god, which is kinda like Buddha, except I don't believe in worship. From that you could say I'm not a spiritual person, but I DO believe that a higher power exists.
Can someone with a classical education please translate the latin? :)
I just realised that 3 of us are operating at the same wavelength... :)
Prayer is work, work is prayer. Credo of the Benedictine order. Nice bunch of old men.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home