Monday, March 07, 2005

Ponder

I have been told twice this statement :"If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything!". It was just like that, piak, like a slap on your face. This is what you get from being frank, direct and blunt. In both occasions, I was merely stating facts, not intented to hurt anyone in the process. I don't know maybe it is my fault and I should know better that nobody wants to listen to the hard cold facts that hurt. Everyone deserves the nice words, I guess.

Will I change? No I will not, mouth shut I will.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

If a statement will constructively improve a situation or a person then it warrants saying. If it has no useful purpose but instead deflates a person then maybe its best kept to yourself. Especially if the person is someone you may care about.

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger Saffron said...

Or you can just something if the person asks you ler, cos then they'd expect it. Don't saja go and open your mouth and give advice, cos then maybe they'll misconstrue it as criticism instead of well-meant advice.

Landmine la all this communication. That's why I say we should go back to grunts and groans. :)

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Pebbles said...

But the thing is it wasn't even advice that I was trying to give. I was just innocently giving an answer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home