Friday, March 04, 2005

To Love and To Hate

We were having lunch and Roger as usual opened up an interesting conversation topic. He asked us what's the opposite of north. Knowing Roger, obviously he wasn't looking for a straight answer. So I answered not south and he nodded. He said the answer can be either west or east but not south. His reasoning was that north and south are related and so shouldn't be opposite. It is like if there's love then it bounce to have hate as well. So far so good. Then I popped the killer question, so Roger, do you hate your ex-wife? The whole room just burst out laughing. I have put him in a very awkward position because we have heard so much about how much he hates his ex! If he says yes, it would mean that he loves his ex but he can't say no either because he does hate her!

Hehehehe... am always good at putting people in a position. Bad bad bad...

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

I still think this Roger fellow has something salah about his logic. Either that or his England a bit the not keng. See this definition...

Opposite means:

a)Placed or located directly across from something else or from each other: opposite sides of a building.

b)Facing the other way; moving or tending away from each other: opposite directions.

c)Being the other of two complementary or mutually exclusive things: the opposite sex; an opposite role to the lead in the play.

So in order to be the opposite of something of course you have to be related to that something lah. So as I pointed out (most perceptively I might add) if I were to walk 180 degrees not toward North then I will end up facing south. Hai mai?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home