Kogetsu
We finally went for the V's dinner on Tuesday, didn't want to rush with everyone else on Monday la. Never like going out on the actual date because everywhere will be so packed and there's only fixed menu which will cost you an arm and a leg.
Anyway, we were contemplating between Senja the Italian Restaurant or the Japanese Restaurant both at Hyatt. We surrendered to our Asian root and decided to go to Kogetsu. We were early and they were just getting ready to open for business. Then there was this Sumo wrestler look alike waitress came to ask us "Smoking? No smoking?" Before we could answer, she turned and walked right in and went in between the circle of people who were having a meeting. I was like do I follow or no follow, so confusing.
Finally we were seated at one of the side table where we can see the lake outside. Then the menus came, yes menus. One on main dishes, one on sushi and one on drinks. I let my half Japanese taling to decide what to order for obvious reason. We ended up ordered quite a bit as usual. The waitress recommended dobin mushi (teapot soup) and it was really good. It is drank in a very small cup with a cut of lemon in it. The soup is very clear and sweet with a hint of lemon taste in it, hmmmm... yum! Then we had some salmon sashimi which was very good, very fresh and creamy. We have a california roll each, it was ok but the ebiko was very fresh and besar. We also ordered prawns tempura which were so so, nothing too outstanding. Well,it was as good as how a prawn tempura should be. We also have tepan chicken and beef. The beef was especially good, it was cut in small chunky size that allowed a good biting feeling in your mouth and yet very tender. Juicy too. The chicken on the other hand was a bit oily and there were big pieces of skin fat still attaching to the meat. Despite of the fat and amount of food we ordered, we finished everything! One more thing that is worth commenting is the utensils that they used. They use very nice and dinty clay plates and bowls. I was being extra careful because they look so fragile.
All in all I had a really good time. My taling can tell also because I was extra chatty. :)
Thank you taling for taking me out for such nice dinner.
Oops I forgot to mention dessert. We had coffee each and shared a scope of green tea ice cream with red beans. The ice-cream was authentic enough, my favourite
I also found out that the restaurant serves buffet on a Sunday as well. I am already looking forward to that!

2 Comments:
Wah your taling so lomantik. Must be nice nice to such a wonderful person ah!
Oh, how sweet. :) Thanks for giving enough to tantalise, but not too much that people start gagging.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home