Plates Spinning
I wish I have 48 hours per day so I can sleep for solid 8 hours and the rest of the hours I can use it to catch up with my work. Plus I should have some extra hours for leisure activities which I am trying so hard to squeeze them in currently.
I have 3 main roles to carry out at work. There's no way that any of the roles will be dropped anytime soon, basically I am on a juggling act. Everytime I go for my appraisal, my boss will tell me I have to be good at my plate spinning act. He uses the analogy of spinning plates like those you see in the circus. You put up say about 10 plates to spin one after another; by the time you reach the 5th or 6th plate, the 1st plate would need to be re-spinned again, so you gotta run back and forth to make sure no plate will fall and break! Tough job I got there, I am lucky that I have an understanding boss that will not mark me down when I less performed in certain areas. Often I find myself fighting fire rather than being a little more proactive.
Just like previous years, I always check on my overall luck for the new year based on my horoscope. It says I will get a promotion this year and my career will be expanding. To translate that, it would mean I have more work this year!
I wish I have 48 hours per day.

1 Comments:
But..but...that would mean the year would be gone twice as fast! Easy for you cos you don't have to sit for exams. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home