Saturday, January 15, 2005

Joys and Tears!

We came out for tea at Backofen on new year's day. Since it is the first day of the year and that prompted me to pop a question to everyone asking what were their highlights of year 2004. You know the ups and the downs. Obviously I have to be the first to answer my own question.

My mind went blank for a while as though I did nothing in 2004 then i started thinking. Hmmm... well let's begin from work wise. I guess I had a rather busy year and the highlight was I finally got a promotion. Being a minority race in the company and if you know the way things work here then you will understanding the true meaning of "finally". The strange thing is that when I finally acquired the title that I wanted for so long I didn't feel any different. Ok ok so I did held up that fist and yelled a silent "YES" when no one was looking.

Since dad had an attack end 2003, the only wish I have is for him to get well. Thank God he improved tremendously last year. My parents and I also made a trip to Shanghai in June. That was the first time after like more than a decade we went for a trip together. It was nice hanging out with them again. :)

Another bonus of the year has to be all the trips that I made. I went to Shanghai, New Delhi and Colombo. Details of those trips will be blogged later, maybe.

Ok time for the downs. But really I have forgotten all the unhappy events. Well I lost some people but then again it was time to let go. On the positive side, I have found new people too so it is all well in the end.

That pretty much round up my 2004.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home