Shopping
I was suppose to check my work mail but I can't log in and I don't even know why. I bet even if I ask the technical guy they won't be able to give me an answer either. Oh well since I'm connected, I might as well write.
I have been a busy bee shopping around these few days. You can't blame me, I got a bit excited over the start of my holiday. I was thinking I can make use of this opportunity to go around and hoping that the complexes are less crowded. It turn out everyone must have had the same plan as I and went on leave as well. I went to MidValley yesterday and it was super jammed!!! What madness! I had to turn a few rounds before finding a car park. Su took like more than half an hour to find one. By the time I parked and all, I was already tired. The place is too huge, it's tiring just to walk from one end to the other end. Ended up none of us bought anything.
Since I had to send Sotong to work today, I decided to drop by Bangsar Village, the new complex. I like that place, small and compact and not too many people. It has quite a good selection of shops and good restaurants too. I went in to this shop at the basement floor and saw this nice photo frames but mahal! It is made of wood, painted and has that old look just like those wooden windows or doors of some old houses. I think it is way over-priced.
Oh I also went to The Curve the other day. Not many shops are opened yet though and it is huge! Much to my delight, I discovered Boots is going to be there and that would be an incentive for me to go visit that place. Marche Movenpick is also there and already they are quite packed during lunch hour. There are many different choices of restaurants and we went to a nyonya place for lunch. Other than that, it is just like any other shopping complexes.
I'm wondering with so many shopping complexes around, are they enough shoppers? Do most of us just window shop or they are people who will really spend? I find myself ended up not buying anything most of the time because I was busy walking around. On top of that, there are lots of shop lots boutiques now like in Bangsar or Hartamas. I also wonder how are all these shops going to survive with such steep competition or maybe they do have their own line of customers?
Well I am just happy that I have a vast selection of places to shop.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home