Wednesday, December 29, 2004

China Embassy

Got called back to work today coz there were visitors from the China Embassy to check out our campus. Being the minority Chinese in the company obviously I was being picked to entertain them.

There were 2 of them who came and one of them spoke decent English with an American accent. So whenever I was stuck with certain formal terms, I can still use English. You see, I have not spoken in Mandarin like ages ago, but thank goodness I have just been to Shanghai and so I had some practice and that pull me through the whole presentation. I think the first secretary was pretty pleased with the tour of the campus and everything. I was pretty impressed with his knowledge of the education sector in Malaysia. He is very familiar with all the major colleges here, of all the rules and regulations and also the political scene here. Hmmm... that man has done some homework. When I commented on that, he was very humble about it. Well he has been here 5 years, so not that surprising he has all the information.

All in all, I think the meeting has been very smooth.



1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM , Blogger Saffron said...

Happy new year! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home