Friday, September 30, 2005

Bangkok Day 1

We arrived at Bangkok before 10a.m. and we can't wait to get to Chatuchak! We were lucky that we were able to check in that early and after freshen up, we headed to Chatuchak. The hotel is located near to the Nana station so it was convenient to get around. Approching the market, we were able to see how huge the place is from the sky train and our jaws nearly dropped despite being told repeatedly by different people how large this place is. See the map for proof. Nothing in Malaysia can compared to this place. I mean it is HUGE say a size of what 10 football fields?! Maybe.

Anyway, we entered the maze. It is like a maze in there, you enter into a place and you come out from the other entrance.There were so much to see so much to buy. You can find practically everything under the sun there. From shoes, clothes, home decorative stuffs, all kinds of assessories, food, dogs, towels, and many others. The stalls are mainly the wholesalers. There's even a stall where they will help to pack and send big items back to your countries. It was an eye opener for me.

However, I didn't buy anything except for some pot pourri because I think I was too bewildered looking at so many things and got confused over what to buy! So sad hoh! I guess it was also being the first day there and didn't want to burn all my money there. Plus the place is really hot! We sweated like a pig! We spent about 3 hours there and we only managed to cover about 10% of the whole place.

That's day 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home