Thursday, May 25, 2006

No place like home

I have been living away from home for a decade now and I go home every other week or sometimes a longer gap. S & S commented once to me that they are surprised that I do look forward to going home. I'm surprised at their statement; cause who wouldn't like to go home? I am always being pampered whenever I am home. Not just my favourite dishes being served on the table, it is more than that. It is nice to see dad sitting on his usual chair near where mum is busy cooking. Mum will wash and cook and dad will boil water and cook rice. After lunch, they will both sit side by side near the radio and just chat. Mum will tell dad what happened in her line dancing class in the morning and all the juicy gossips of her friends. Dad could get pretty emotional about those stories. There's so much love between them. I know they support each other a great deal.

It is just nice to be home; the warmth and the routine. It makes me feel safe and contented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home