Million Dollar Baby
We went to watch Million Dollar Baby yesterday and I am still thinking about the movie till now. It is kinda disturbing how she dies. It is so sad. The scenes where the boxers are being hit on the face and all the blood flowing ain't pretty at all. Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman did a fantastic job in it! No wonder it reaped the Oscar's "Best Picture of the Year". There's an unexplained part in the movie though, it doesn't really explain what exactly happen between Frankie and his daughter. I especially like how the 3 main characters have their own fears and constantly fighting with their demons. Maggie came from a poor and "twisted" family and she has been washing dishes since 13. Frankie has deep guilt in him and it is interesting to see the conservations that he has with the Father. Scrap lost one of his eyes in his 109th fight and living in the gym with little money in his pocket, he never get his title. It uses the boxing ring as metaphor, really I think it has more than just fights.
Still, I don't like sad ending movies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home