Dining alone
I heard one the excerpts that Mix played this morning talking about dining alone. One of the listeners called in and said he rather not and went on to elaborate the reasons. I thought of the question myself and my answer would be Yes!I remember when I used to work in Damansara and there's this little cafe near my office which I like to frequent. I like to go there because of the coffee and the atmosphere there eventhough the owner has got this really annoying squeaky child-like voice and on top of that a very so-put-on American accent. Their menu was not fantastic but it is different from what you get from the usual coffee shop food though I love coffee shop food. I like to go there just to chill and I like to go there ALONE. So many times I have to avoid seeing my colleagues nearing lunch time so I don't have to invite them and vise versa then cabut to go to this cafe. I didn't want anyone to "disturb" me while I have lunch and reading a magazine or newspaper.
That was not the only cafe that I go alone.

There's this beef noodle shop in town that I love going too! And going alone! I remember doing the samething with my colleagues, I will make sure nobody will follow me to lunch as I didn't want to "force" them to come have beef noodles with me nor I want them to "disturb" my plan!
Another one would be the coffee shop that I used to go for breakfast. I arrived office early and I will make my way there alone to enjoy my moments of peace eating my usual breakfast.
Very often I actually enjoy eating alone rather than going in a group especially if it is a big group. I can't be bother to make small talk and have to wait for everyone to finish. Also ordering of food can be messy too since there are so many people giving different instructions.
However, I have to admit that I don't do this for dinner though. Dinner usually spend with family or close friends so that is enjoyable. I will only eat dinner alone when I travel overseas like what I did in Vietnam which was pretty enjoyable too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home