Disorder
We had this conversation over lunch and we all reckon that everyone does has a form of disorderedness up to certain extent. An extent that is acceptable by the society; if not then you will be classified as psychopath!
I suppose that explains why we do things the way we do and the intensity of it. Like some of us are health freak, animal freak, football freak and all kinds of other freaks.
Rajan was talking about socialpath;describing people we might say miss the "social path" - the one traveled by mainstream society and in society's best interest. These people do not have social value, they are just plain evil. They do not know how to feel remorse nor sorry for anyone. One of the reports actually categorised George Bush as one and that perhaps explained a lot of his actions.
I know a couple of people who are schizo and they don't even know they are suffering from that. They constantly thinking someone is after them and they hear voices all the time.
That got me thinking what kind of freak I am?
I think I know the answer but better don't put it down else people who call me mam might make some nasty comments.

2 Comments:
Psychopaths are broadly defined as people with antisocial personality disorders... OMG that sounds familiar. Haha... okay I think this is anti social in a BIG way. Mine is a shmall way. But you see there lies the problem. Who's society to say whats right and whats not? If I was in the west and I was to willingly dip my hand in boiling oil to purify my soul, I'd definitely stir up some concern about my mental health. But here its the de rigeur during Chinese temple festivals.
Seriously though society is so fickle. They liked thick rimmed glasses, then they hated it, now they like it again. Same with bell bottoms and potatos. So if I am a nearly-middle-aged person who adores the Powerpuffs am I nuts? :)
@Foot: You are nuts regardless... :P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home