Ex
My ex is getting married this weekend. And I am upset.
I am not upset because he is getting married. I am upset for a fact that I do not feel upset about him getting married! Do I make sense? When I saw the wedding invitation card on the table, I knew it has to be from him. I was emotionless reading the card. I did not feel sad, angry, jealous, happy or anything at all!
Am I reacting normal?
Have I lost the ability to feel?
Am I being heartless?
Have I became someone so easily let go of the past?
Maybe this is just the sign of old age. I almost certain of it because I am like this emotionless even when it comes to my other ex whom I have spent a decade with.
For the record, I am not used to be like this. I will hide away and be depressed on my own and wonder what have I done wrong.
Not anymore.
I actually quite like this new side of me, being upset notwithstanding. There are some things in life that we just have to learn how to let go. And I have learnt that.
I know that I am not emotionless either because I have also learnt to love again.

4 Comments:
Cannot imagine you being depressed. Tulan yes, naggy yes, but depressed no.
Maybe you're just mellow. Mellow people are nice to be around with. Everything's zen-like and you feel like lighting incense and hugging some trees. :D
@foot: Trust me, I can be though not very often and have not been for the last 5 years.
@Saffron: Mellowed down? That one must ask my students loh!
Saffy... If Mam *heheh* is depressed and there is no one around to witness it, does she make a howl?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home