Lunches & Dinners
I had a very satisfying lunch today and not spending a single cent. Siva cooked for us. That man I tell you can really cook! He made curry chicken, acar and some mixed veg today. It was fingers licking good!
I enjoy cooking too and apparently my cooking is quite decent. I remember during my secondary school years, I have to cook for the family since mum was working full-time. I didn't like a single bit of that then; I had to run back and forth from the kitchen to the sitting hall trying to catch a glimpse of the Chinese series being showed on tele. Chinese series was a real hit during those days. So I was feeling misarable that I had to miss it. I'm good with everyday dishes, you know like stir fry chicken with kicap, frying vegetables, making soup that sort of stuffs. But I can never cook for more than 5 people nor I can make those fancy dishes. I don't do cookies and cakes that kinda stuffs as well.
I stopped cooking completely when I first came back from Hull; not until 4 months ago since I moved in to the apartment. I only realised how much I missed cooking when I started to cook again. I get a big kick out of it especially when the person that I cook for eating the dishes as if they have not eaten for ages!
I made fish curry last Sunday and I was surprised at how well it turned out! I always thought it is extremely difficult to make fish curry or any curry for that matter. Finally I geared up my courage to make an attempt after going around asking people for the recipe. And the end result was very satisfying! I think after all I do have a knack for cooking. *grin*
Tonight is badminton night, so I have to settle for a simple fried rice. All the ingredients I need are:
- Lup cheong
- luncheon meat
- eggs
- mixed veg and or course
- rice
and it is important that the rice has to be cooked just nice enough to be made fried rice.
I do make good fried rice. :)

1 Comments:
And the fried rice was a truimph! If I was a turkey being prepared for Christmas dinner this is one sneaky way of doing it ;) We have some leftover for tomorrow's dinner. Huzzah!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home