Monday, October 03, 2005

Other Observations

We did enjoyed ourselves very much in Bangkok. I observed a few things during our 4 days stay there. Firstly, the mode of transportations. There are many alternative ways to travel around the city. You can travel by taxis, tuk-tuk, boat, sky trains, undergrounds and they even have the motorcycles to take you around the short distances. We have tried all these except for the motorcycles.

Secondly, the food. We do like going to Thai restaurants here but I don't think I fancy the authentic local Thai food. They used the raw crabs in the papaya salad that I find it was too fishy to my taste. There are many food stalls at every corner of the street or there are people pushing the carts to sell food around. We were not that adventurous to try these food stalls. We also saw some stalls selling deep fried worms and roach which we were quite tempted to try. I'm sure these are the ediable worms. Interesting.

Thirdly, I find the ladies there are all very trendy and heavily (in a nice way) "jewelled". The street wear type and they are good looking too. They have nice tan skin colour. The boys are cute too; definately cuter than the ones here. Thai people are generally friendly.

I often being mistaken as local and they start speaking to me in Thai. I guess I do look like the local Chinese. In fact you can find lots of sign board in both Chinese and Thai.

I will definately go back to Bangkok and this time I want to cover the whole of Chatucak.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Blogger Foot Futt said...

And you forgot to mention they are all sooooooo polite!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home