Monday, November 07, 2005

Teh Tarik!

Su gave us some teh tarik powder and gave us specific instructions on how to make teh tarik. I tried the first night. I put 2 tablespoons full of powder into the pot and boiled it for about a minute until we can smell the teh brewing nicely. Then I sieved the teh into the cup almost to a full cup and pour milk to fill up to the full cup. I tarik somemore. The teh looked good, well looked teh tarik enough. Took a sip, it didn't taste like the teh tarik from the teh tarik stall though it tasted nice. It tasted more like my usual Ceylonese tea bag with milk.

I didn't give up so I tried again tonight. I checked the instructions again and I found out it was supposed to be half a cup of tea and add another half a cup of milk into it. I did all those steps. I warmed the milk somemore. Took a sip... it didn't taste like the teh tarik from the stall still!!! However, it tasted nice. Sot said must put more powder. Haih, I gave up. Sot gonna make the next round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home