Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Crossing towns.

Just been to Solo, Yogyakarta, Semarang, Surabaya in that order. It was quite fun and we even got to visit Borobudur! The visit was a brief one as we didn't have much time. However, we still get to take some pictures and of course admired the largest Buddhist monument on earth! Our agent was very kind to drive us there and paid the local fees for us to get in and then drive another hour to come back to town. (picture from Wikipedia)

We stayed in a hotel which is in a shopping complex in Semarang. It was a Sunday and the place was absolutely packed and there were people everywhere you turned! I went down to take a round and ended up with 4 batik pyjamas. I didn't stayed round was getting a headache seeing the sea of people and went back to my room and had cup noodles for lunch.

The next day we took a train to Surabaya and the journey took 5 hours. It was not bad, the train was reasonably comfortable. There were even more people in Surabaya! Driving is a nightmare there! We checked in at Sheraton; well I didn't need to as I was flying home that day. The journey to the airport was longer than expected as the traffic was bad. There was a long queue near the airport. The flight was fulled and most were Indonesian.

My first trip that I didn't get any shopping, well the pyjamas don't count. Also minimum sight seeing and maximum usage of the room! But I have to say that the rooms weren't bad. Work was good, positive response. My first time travelled with A, quite interesting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home