Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Moving

I finished reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini in 3 days time and I even sacrified my sleep last night to finish off the chapters! The book is so good and definately a page turner! I could not put the book down and just had to finish it!

The story is about Amir and Hassan who are good in flying and running kite in Afghanistan. Hassan is a servant's son and extremely loyal to Amir but Amir was not able to stand up for him and Amir's life changed forever after letting his childhood playmate being raped by a bigger boy.

It is an ordinary story being told in an extraordinary way and so saddddd too. The book allows the readers to take a peep into life in Afghanistan and how war destroyed the country. The storyteller has described the scenes so vividly that I pratically have those scenes playing infront of my eyes.

Dostet darum - I love you :)

For you, a thousand times over... :)

Tashakor - Thank you

Khaled is a doctor and I am suprise at how emotional and expressive a doctor can be!

I strongly recommend this book. I was a bit sad when I finally finised the book cos I don't have anything else to look forward to. :) And that I have to hunt for another good book to read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home